In XMind, the default spell checking uses English dictionary (.dict). If English is not your major language, you can add your own language dictionary into XMind with the following steps.
- Get your own dictionary (normally it will be .dict, .txt or .dic file),
- Change the file extension to .dict, if it's not,
- Launch XMind, open Preferences from Edit menu (it's under XMind menu on Mac OS X),
- Open Spelling page (Preferences -- Spelling),
- Click Add button, select your .dict file and add into XMind,
- Click Apply button to save changes in XMind.
Now, this new dictionary begins to work. BTW, you can check the download link for some dictionaries shared by an XMind user at http://www.winedt.org/dict.html
If you have any recommendations, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.