XMind offers a few groups of good-designed markers, like Priority, Task Progress, Stars, Flags. These markers can meet most requirements, but not all of them. Some people may use special icons within their companys to show special meanings. Some may need more priority markers. Or maybe just need some cute images for kids.
And here, we can know how to add our own marlers into XMind with a few simple steps below.
- Open the Preferences dialog from the Edit menu,
- Go to the Marker page,
- Click "Add" button beside Marker Groups field,
- Rename the new group,
- Click "Add" button beside Marker field,
- Select images from your local computer and add them into XMind,
- Rename these markers,
- Click Ok, then you'll see the new added markers in your marker view.
- These markers will be shown in marker view only.
- Once you add one of your own markers into a file, the .xmind file will contain all of the markers in the same group.
- We can export these markers as an .xmp file from menu Tools -- Export XMind Resource -- Marker and share them with others.